A new opportunity for a Manager for Case Management that directs the Social Workers for the Henry Ford Hospital ER and inpatient hospital units.
- Position: Full time management
- Shift: Days
- Benefits: Full time management benefit package
Henry Ford Hospital / Henry Ford Health System Overview:
- A MSW degree is the minimum education requirement. LMSW licensure in Michigan is required.
- Will manage day to day administrative operational functions of the Social Work Services Department.
- All social worker scheduling and supervision is done by this position.
- A minimum of 3 years previous management experience preferably with some Behavioral experience and Utilization Review experience.
- This position has 35 Social Worker direct reports. There is no budgeting responsibility for the position.
- The position has 24/7 accountability and has a on-call pager for the nights and every other weekend.
The Henry Ford Hospital is a Level 1 trauma center, teaching, and research hospital in midtown Detroit. It is an integrated health system with world class leaders in their fields with research innovations. The 900 bed hospital has multiple medical surgical units, specialized units (pulmonary, 4 cardio telemetry units, transplant, surgical specialty, acute care surgery, nephrology, oncology, neuro stroke step down, infectious disease, ER, 27 OR suites, and five specific ICU’s including SICU, MICU, NICU, CVICU, and neuro ICU.)
Henry Ford Health System also boasts an Innovation Institute for healthcare R&D. Most Physicians and Surgeons are Henry Ford employed physicians.
The Henry Ford Health System is a $5.5 billion dollar health system with 30,000 employees, 6 hospitals, 34 medical centers, home health care, hospice, research units, infusion centers, dialysis centers, 15 Optimeyes Optical Centers, 26 pharmacies, and HAP medical insurance company. In 2017 the Allegiance Health System in Jackson, MI became part of the Henry Ford Health System.
This is a great organization to make your next career move too, no matter how long until you retire. A positive leadership team sets the tone for team work and a positive work environment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Interviews, hires, schedules, assigns work to, evaluates, disciplines, and when necessary, recommends discharge of departmental personnel. Completes timely performance appraisals. Ensures compliance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director with overseeing all quality assessment and improvement activities, including preparing the required reports for submission to the Quality Assessment Department.
- Assists the Director with University collaborations and other joint ventures.
- Participates in all departmental planning activities aimed at accomplishing short and long-term goals.
- Develops programs to track and analyze case management data collection process. Analyzes data to identify patterns and trends of performance. Addresses process performance issues that negatively affect outcomes.
- Develops programs to track and analyze case management data. Provides timely, relevant, and accurate summary reports to medical staff, nursing, ancillary services, and administration.
- Provides supervision and education for social work students interning at HFH.
1. Masters Social Work (MSW) is the education requirement.
2. Current Michigan LMSW licensure.
3. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with progressively more leadership experience.
4. Minimum of one year of Utilization Management experience or Behavioral experience is preferred.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health
care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes
the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health
insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory
network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a
full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care.
The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600
employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The
health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.