Position type: Full-time (exempt)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is a full-service architect and engineering firm with a broad portfolio of experience in providing planning, architecture, engineering and construction management services.
Qualified Project Manager candidates will have demonstrated project management and team leadership skills, with the ability to successfully lead and manage high profile, complex architectural and engineering projects. A minimum of 15 years of experience in the A/E industry is required, preferably managing healthcare projects with an architecture/construction focus. It is imperative that this individual be self-motivated, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator. The Project Manager will have extensive knowledge of all aspects of building design and construction services, from scope definition through project close-out.
The Project Manager has primary responsibility for the overall success of every project assigned to them including, but not limited to, managing the triple constraints of cost, scope and time. The Project Manager is responsible for successful project implementation from conceptual design through construction administration, including communication, coordination and negotiation with clients. Typical focus areas include: scope definition and control, contract oversight/modification/negotiation, allocating resources, meeting scheduled deliverable deadlines, facilitating status meetings and site visits, obtaining cost estimates, submitting invoices, collecting payments due, and construction administration.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead a project team of architects and engineers in the development and preparation of design and construction documents, including comprehensive sets of architectural drawings and engineering specifications.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client during all phases of project.
- Communicate with consultants, vendors, and contractors to ensure coordination of project requirements and collaborate as necessary.
- Oversee verification (QA/QC) of technical aspects of the design of a project.
- Assist in resolution of complex technical/design issues and provide guidance to team and consultants.
- Follow established standards for document production and review.
- Review and ensure accuracy of technical documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) prior to every submittal.
- Keep Managing Partner(s) informed of progress, issues and/or need for assistance.
- Organize and facilitate team efforts and client meetings.
- Motivate and mentor junior staff.
- Participate in marketing efforts and client interviews, as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum 15 years’ experience in architecture, engineering or construction firms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities.
- Commitment to production quality excellence.
- Basic understanding of all aspects and phases of architecture, engineering, construction techniques, design and the A/E production process.
- Full understanding of the public bidding process, both federal and state.
- General competency with the Microsoft Office suite (including MS Project).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on leadership, communication, motivation, teamwork and collaboration.
- Willing to coach and act as a mentor at all times.
- Be passionate about the work, detail-oriented and able to work autonomously while taking direction.
- Be a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects/project types simultaneously.
- Adjusts easily to changing or unexpected requirements and shifting priorities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or similar discipline from an accredited university.
- Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule