Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Foundation Communications Officer
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fast-paced, exciting opportunity to join a growing team supporting the fundraising activities of the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation.
- Plays a critical part in implementing the Foundation's first formalized and comprehensive programs for donor relations communications.
- Using best practices, this position will work to considerably grow donor communications and engagement initiatives, help acquire and recognize new supporters – particularly at the major and principal gifts levels – and assist with increasing donor retention revenue year over year.
- Overall team goals include ensuring the proper acknowledgement and recognition of donors at all levels; demonstrating the impact of philanthropic support; enhancing the overall giving experience through engaging donor communications; as well as inspiring continuous gifts to Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Very collaborative team player, able to set priorities and handle multiple projects while meeting established deadlines and staying organized
- Highly motivated strategic and creative thinker who displays a respectful and teachable spirit by actively listening, asking questions, learning, and responding appropriately.
- Affinity for Moffitt Cancer Center's overall mission.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Work with all Foundation giving areas to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate communications plans customized for each team, with an emphasis on initiatives designed to properly engage with donors and enhance organizational fundraising efforts. Meets individually with Foundation teams and project managers to coordinate ideas and strategy, routing all projects through Marketing and PR, and reporting back to leadership and stakeholders on status and results.
- Partner closely with other Stewardship and Communications team members to provide support for donor relations-specific projects, especially custom donor touches like photo books, personalized notecards, etc. This includes coordinating the appropriate Marketing and PR team member participation, drafting and light graphic design for various pieces or reports when needed, sourcing donor information needed for gift announcements and other media relations opportunities like community awards nominations, helping to create multimedia presentation collateral such as PowerPoints or videos to share with donors, etc.
- As the key liaison between the Foundation and Marketing/PR, work closely to ensure optimal synergies and alignment of efforts in adherence with Moffitt's overall brand. Looking through a philanthropic lens, work as a team with all stakeholders to identify internal and external areas where the donor experience can be elevated. Attend regular meetings with Marketing/PR liaisons to ensure projects are on-track and updates are added to shared calendars and task lists.
- Work collaboratively with the Online Communications Officer to ensure any digital projects are routed through them and in alignment with those overall goals and capabilities. Assist them, if possible, on various projects for Foundation teams requiring additional help to meet deadlines.
- Ensure program effectiveness and streamline functions to maximize Foundation resources, especially staff and budgetary commitments. Work to maintain data integrity for the donor communications program. Develop and revise, as needed, guidelines and procedures for Foundation communications and donor relations programs.
- Bachelor's Degree – Fundraising, Marketing/PR, Communications, English, Non-Profit Management, or other related field
- Two (2) or more years of experience in fundraising, development, marketing/PR/communications or related field preferred. Familiarity or direct experience in donor relations, stewardship, and/or development writing is ideal.
- Experience with fundraising specific software and databases.
- Excellent editing and communications skills: written, oral, and listening.
- Master's degree
- BlackBaud Raisers Edge
- Copy editing experience also a plus