Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history!
This role will be accountable for delivering world-class products on aggressive schedules that will be used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. He or she will define products that deliver innovation in features, usability and product performance and will be responsible for guiding a cross functional team of engineers and designers to achieve high impact and productivity.
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing product management experience in mass market consumer electronics product management
Experience shipping consumer electronics products that involve hardware and software.
Experience managing products including both hardware and software components through multiple product lifecycles
Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
Familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
MBA or Master’s degree
Passion for digital media and the mobile space
Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
Success in the development of targeted special offers, customer segmentation, and unique product, pricing, & promotional offers that drive the business.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation