The Sous Chef is a lead hourly/salary position that assists the Executive Chef with planning, directing, and evaluating the purchase, production, presentation, and pricing of food for member meal service and catering. He/she ensures that the standards of customer service, safety, quality and performance are maintained as directed by the Executive Chef.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations. This includes the preparation and production of all meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards, team member productivity and performance, as well as the implementation of club policies with regards to cost control procedures to help ensure profitability.
- Coordinate, monitor and help execute all kitchen functions as directed by the Executive Chef and Owner.
- Execute Hot line cook responsibilities including grilling, cleaning, prepping, the line as needed.
- Assist in monitoring food production, ordering, quality and consistency on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation standards are attained.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling.
- 2-5 years of culinary education and/or job experience preferred
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Schedule flexibility preferred
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
This restaurant participates in TIP Sharing with the kitchen staff which results in a substantial increase in the hourly rate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour