JOB TITLE: Sales & Marketing Representative, West Louisiana
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and On-Premise Sales
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Grow sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, media planning/public relations and working with distributor sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and advance the Mission and Vision Statements of Urban South Brewery.
- Plan and execute on and off premise promotions including both small and large scale events (pint nights, samplings, beer fests, beer dinners, etc.).
- Obtain order from on and off premise accounts in conjunction with distributor representatives.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with on and off premise accounts in local area.
- Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of
Urban South’s products.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in local area.
- Effectively communicate information with distributor partners in order to keep product fresh and relevant.
- Conduct required ride alongs with distributor representatives.
- Ensure that the brewery’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Demonstrate knowledge in overseeing and managing a personal and professional calendar, with particular attention to balancing multiple deadlines at any given time.
- Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory.
- Attend all team meetings as requested, including twice/month sales team meetings in New Orleans.
- Turn in weekly accountability worksheet in a timely manner.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding brewery products in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Actively participate in all social media outlets as allowed within state laws.
- Assume additional duties as may be necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Ability to troubleshoot draft issues
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in West Louisiana
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Primarily work will be done in the external markets of Baton Rouge, Lafayette and Lake Charles
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Urban South’s beer are required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Baton Rouge, LA (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Why do you want to work in the craft beer industry?
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave