Intent Media harnesses data to build predictive models that are disrupting how commerce is conducted. How? By showing competitive ads on e-commerce sites, but only to those users more likely to buy on a different site. Our products are now available across most travel sites -- the largest e-commerce vertical by far. We're on a tear, in fact, and we're pretty darn excited.
When we launch on a new partner's website, we typically go through an optimization phase, which includes multivariate testing many different placement and design variations to determine optimal treatments across both media and transactions. The Director, Optimization Management will be responsible for successful delivery of OM services to a large collection of "Major", "Strategic", and "Lite" Publisher accounts -- this entails A) suggesting test concepts and prioritization, publisher approvals, predictive modeling integration, reporting, and communication of results and insights out to all stakeholders and B) acting as global team manager, directly managing our OM team in New York and London
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of organizational, partner management, and analytical skills, in addition to strong instincts and passion for statistics. You will work directly with major partners and collaborate closely with Intent Media's strategic partnership managers to define the approach and share test insights. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a critical, cross-functional role and directly own product success with our most strategic partners.
What You Will Do:
You will join our Product team and collaborate closely with Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Data Analytics, and our Data Science teams. In addition to driving to successful outcomes for our partners, over time, this role comes with the opportunity to participate in Product development related to further improving our optimization tools.
We're looking for someone who:
- Manage a global team of Optimization Managers across New York and London
- With little to no oversight, mentor the team and ensure successful commercial outcomes for our Publisher sales and support teams
- Drive meaningful innovation in our approach and processes in order to make our Optimization Management function more and more impactful/effective over time
- Become an expert on our predictive modeling product known as "Segmentation"
- Master our in-house tools used to build "Segmentation" models for our partners
- Collaborate with our partner integration team to make sure models are built and set up correctly when launching a new site
- Be able to educate partners about the model building process
- Manage results
- Regularly monitor and optimize performance of active A/B tests
- Maintain a historical log of parameters, scope and performance of running tests
- Perform data analysis and visualizations using tools such as Excel, Tableau and MySQL
- Communicate to stakeholders
- Contribute to pitches, by providing recommended launch plans for new partners
- Prepare performance reports and presentations for internal + external audiences
- Lead weekly partner meetings to share results and agree on optimization priorities
- Promote best practices and maintain a list of learnings to date
- Generate concepts for new tests
- Collaborate with Publisher teams to define test priorities
- Prepare test recommendations for partners and secure partner approvals
- Improve our processes and product
- Constantly strive for a faster and more efficient process
- Work with technology and Product Managers to roll out improvements to our MVT and "Segmentation" systems
- Solicit feedback from stakeholders to identify ways to enhance the process
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
- Is an excellent communicator (verbal + presentations)
- Is self-directed, highly organized, and able to track multiple parallel initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Is intensely curious, creative, and collaborative
- Has experience in A/B test design and statistical analysis
- Has experience managing and mentoring a team of analytical employees
- Has experience presenting to enterprise clients in an effort to influence decision making
- 7+ years' working in Analytics, A/B testing or Site Optimization for an Ad-Tech / eCommerce company preferred
- 7+ years' experience with direct client management at a top-tier management consultancy or Ad-Tech company a plus
- BA or BS from a leading university; MBA preferred
- Experience in drafting high-stakes client presentations (PowerPoint / Keynote)
- Strong comfort with SQL and Excel (including pivot tables)
- Deep knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated project management experience
Intent Media uses predictive analytics to help travel brands maximize revenue per visitor. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities — trained and fine-tuned for years — enable us to serve ads and conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
We operate in more than 40 countries with hundreds of airline, hotel, car rental, online travel agency and meta-search partners around the globe, including nine of the top 10 OTAs and metasearch sites in North America. We're over 100 people, with offices in NYC (HQ) & London.
Every day, we're inspired by two pursuits. First, we're building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we're building the company we've always wanted to work for — one that's open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We've been included on Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Unlimited vacation
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light and roof deck access
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7
- In-office yoga classes
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks! You can learn more about us at:
About Intent Media ( http://www.intentmedia.com/about )
Intent Media Products ( http://www.intentmedia.com/products )
Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/intentmedia/ )
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/205917/ )
Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/intentmedia )