This position is an entry level position that provides support to end-users remotely and deskside. The individual responds to help requests and identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. In addition to workstation support, this position includes significant exposure to datacenter and server operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receive and resolve incoming help requests from end users in a courteous and professional manner. This includes documenting the entire support lifecycle from origin through all steps taken until resolution is complete.
2. Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate problems when required to the appropriately experienced technician.
3. Use software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, forums, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
4. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
5. Perform hands on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
6. Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
7. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users from this research.
8. Maintain and report on operational systems such as backup and monitoring.
9. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ideally candidate will have obtained or be in pursuit of a degree or equivalent experience
- One to two years’ professional experience in a related field or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge on IT systems including:
- Microsoft workstation operating systems (Win XP to Win 10)
- Microsoft Office products include Outlook
- PC hardware break/fix troubleshooting
- IOS and Android mobile devices
- Familiarity a plus
- Citrix (troubleshooting of published apps and desktops)
- Domain services: MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft server operating systems (2003 to 2012)
- IBM Domino and Lotus Notes
- SAP and/or iSeries
- Backup systems and processes