OUTSIDE SALES REP
Are you in the market for a fast-paced job that gives you the opportunity to utilize your excellent sales abilities while being valued for your hard work? Arrow Building Center is the place for you!
In 2018, American Construction Source acquired four iconic brands, Meeks Lumber and Hardware, Arrow Building Center and Edwards and Breckenridge Building Centers, with the goal of creating a leading national building products distributor with the industry’s best customer experience.
Arrow Building Center has 17 full-service lumberyards, specialty divisions, and new state-of-the-art components manufacturing plant ready to offer the best quality building products at an affordable price with the personalized, professional service customers have come to expect from Arrow since 1903. ABC is ranked in the Top 50 2018 ProSales 100. Learn more online at www.abc-clc.com
Arrow Building Center is seeking a competitive Outside Sales Representative to develop sales strategies, promote great products and offer solutions to the constructions needs of our area contractors. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for growing sales of residential and commercial building materials to existing customers, while attracting new customers.
- Maintain and expand sales volume within existing and prospective customer base utilizing all available resources.
- Evaluate customers current and future needs and build productive, long-lasting relationships.
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads.
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Inside Sales Representative and the Supply Chain team.
- Remain on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing sales and a book of business with a proven track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the construction industry, with specific emphasis on millwork (windows, doors, trim, etc.), as well as an understanding of construction drawings and specifications.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% in the designated region. Minimum overnight travel.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with strong time-management and organization skills.
- Self-motivated and driven while working to achieve team results.
- Problem-solver with a proactive approach.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
- Other benefits –
- Discounted store products!
- Earned Commission Payments!
- Potential for Annual Bonus!
American Construction Source, owner of Meeks Lumber and Hardware, Arrow Building Center and Edwards and Breckenridge Building Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arrow Building Center does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided upon qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts