Come make a difference with Transitional Care Center as a Physical Therapist today!Transitional Care Center Capitol City strives to be the leader in post-acute care with skilled nursing and rehabilitation at the heart of care. Our goal is to provide personalized care to help every individual reach their maximum potential in an encouraging, positive, and dignified environment. Learn more about our Transitional Care center by visiting our website transitionalcarecenterdc.com.
As a Physical Therapist (PT), your primary purpose is to plan and administer medically prescribed therapy to restore resident function, alleviate pain and prevent disabilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assumes responsibility for the screening, evaluation, and treatment of facility residents needing physical therapy services.
- Reviews medical information and conducts screenings prior to evaluations to determine the need for services and the ability to benefit from skilled services.
- Performs resident evaluations under physician order and develops a treatment plan in accordance with resident needs.
- Implements treatment plan through direct treatment and education of treatment staff.
- Helps the resident accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging and assisting the resident in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Participates in the discharge planning in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers.
- Documents resident care services by charting in resident and department records.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident, facility and physical related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures on a daily basis.
Must be a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) in the District of Columbia in good standing.
- Offering a flexible schedule for Part-Time and Full-Time positions
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits (begins after 30 days)
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday leave.
- Development opportunities
- Free Parking on facility grounds
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- PT (Preferred)
- Physical Therapist (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement