3M is currently seeking a Government Services Manager, who will have responsibility for 3M- Motor Vehicle Safety sales and TSSD business related government affairs for the states of WA,OR, NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM and possibly other States in the Western Region.
Annual sales in this territory have averaged $7 million over the past 3 years.
This is a growing region in population and growing in motor vehicle 3M TSD sales opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Core sales growth (License plate reissue and motor vehicle technology) has high opportunity in these NW US states
- Supervising 3M outside government affairs consultants (lobbyists)
- Working with high level law enforcement officials and influencing motor vehicle safety related stakeholder groups
- Identifying and executing sales growth opportunities in Motor Vehicle and Highway TSSD businesses within the region.
- Highest degree of ethics and compliance, protecting the corporation in this high public visibility work setting
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years of sales or procurement contract activity with government accounts in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience in SalesForce.com reporting-qualification for obtaining security clearances for visits inside state prisons
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Possess a strong business acumen for highest level customer and agency contacts
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- Passion for political science and the workings of government
- Working knowledge of Motor Vehicle Safety and law enforcement
- Self-starter with the desire to travel to small cities (state capitols)
- Rigorous follow-up and documentation work habits will be a critical success factor
Sales Territory: WA,OR, NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM and possibly other States in the Western Region.
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)