Full Job Description
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
The Quantum Engineering and Computing (QEC) group is seeking a summer intern in the area of numerical simulation of quantum algorithms. The candidate will join a highly collaborative and close-knit group comprising theorists and experimentalists working on quantum computation and engineering.
What you will do
- Develop software for numerical simulation of quantum systems
- With supervision, test quantum algorithms via classical numerical simulation
- Work collaboratively with theoretical and experimental quantum computing scientists
- Present accomplishments to QEC group members
What you need
- Candidate for Bachelor’s degree in physics, engineering, math, or a related field
- Possess a strong understanding of undergraduate level quantum mechanics.
- Programming experience with Python, Julia, and/or Matlab
Additional Skills that would be awesome
- Familiarity with quantum information processing and/or graduate level quantum mechanics
- Experience with numerical methods for ordinary differential equations
This position requires a U.S person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S persons.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our team!
We offer an outstanding intern experience. In addition to working with industry leading researchers, we offer intern socials, field trips, and exposure to the wide variety of research taking place at BBN.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.