CERNER HOSPITAL REVENUE CYCLE PROJECT MANAGER
80% Travel to the Customer Site is Required
Client is an organization in the process of converting patient financial and clinical systems from legacy systems (i.e. Meditech, Keane, McKesson) to Cerner Financial and Clinical Systems for its facility. This position involves project management of a facility-based conversion while working with functional owners of hardware/infrastructure, patient financial systems, clinical systems, and integration. The primary role is execution of a pre-defined project plan, managing the issues and risk list, and relationship with facility executive leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities of Position
- Executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements based on functional owner feedback.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews project deliverables prepared by team leaders
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for and provides regular project reviews and status updates.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Advise on Cerner solution design for Phase 1 applications (HIM, Document Imaging, Transcribed documents, Deficiencies, Coding)
- Responsible for directing revenue cycle team and reporting unresolved issues in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance with determining test scenarios to assure extensive test of all Cerner solutions
- Weekly travel onsite to facility – Monday to Thursday – work remotely on Friday
- Managing large scale conversion projects
- Project and/or Program Management
- Healthcare and Clinical Systems (McKesson, Epic, Meditech, or Cerner)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cerner Millennium Revenue Cycle
- Experience with Cerner HIM/ProFile, Content 360 Document Imaging, Clinical Reporting XR and Charge Services
- Experience with 3M 360 Encompass coding/abstracting including Computer Assisted Coding (CAC), McKesson Release of Information (ROI), McKesson STAR registration and Patient Accounting, Experian Health, M*Modal Transcription Services., McKesson Horizon Patient / Business Folder
- Experience with Cerner Community Works
- Experience with Claim Scrubber (both embedded and stand alone is preferred
- Revenue Cycle work flow and implementation experience, with a strong focus on HIM in Phase 1
- Provide assistance with defining metrics to mitigate loss of revenue during Go Live
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven leadership skills
- Project Management in Health IT: 4 years
- Cerner Revenue Cycle: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Hospital Revenue Cycle: 2 years (Preferred)