As a Human Resource Manager, you will deliver strategic HR expertise and coordinate and communicate HR initiatives occurring within the site departments. You will foster relationships with department heads, counsel department heads on issues relevant to their employees, as well as interpreting HR policies to employees. In this role, you will educate departments on processes and procedures and support delivery of employee forms to increase employee satisfaction.
1. Provides generalist support with limited direction from HR Leadership; interprets, communicates & implements HR policies and procedures for site; answers general employee questions with regard to benefits, process and procedures; acts as facility point person for employee activities; facilitates interviews between talent acquisition and facility Department Heads; coordinates and transmits employee file review requests
2. Links and executes Human Resources policies and procedures supporting HR strategies
3. Coordinates facility employee activities such as dinners, blood drives, picnics, adopt a family; and drive them to successful closure by providing on-site activity support and post-activity reporting
4. Ensures that departments are aware of existing corporate communication initiatives
5. Assists in gathering data to ensure site compliance in various areas, i.e., JCAHO, Performance Management, Corporate Compliance, Succession Planning, etc.
6. In union facilities:
- Prepares documentation for and participates in arbitration hearings and contract negotiations.
- Recommends strategies for strike planning and preventative labor relations.
- Prepares statistical reports using records of actions taken concerning grievances, arbitration and mediation cases, and related labor relations activities, to identify problem areas.
- Monitors implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of labor contract.
- Furnishes information, such as reference documents and statistical data concerning labor legislation, labor market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, for use in review of current contract provisions and proposed changes.
- Advises managers with the interpretation of policies and mediates with employees and union representatives, identifying legal issues for referral to legal counsel.
7. Supports the development of labor relations strategies, programs and policies.
8. Investigates employee grievances, claims of violations of facility policies and procedures.
9. Collects and distributes Human Resource forms, evaluations, etc. to and from the Facility and Human Resources.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, required.
Minimum of five (5) years Human Resource generalist experience, preferably in the health care industry, required. Experience interacting with all levels of management/staff and across company lines required.
Solid understanding of labor laws (EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA) and HR fundamentals.
Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation skills, required.
Proficient PC skills required; PeopleSoft experience preferred.