Full Job Description
Are you ready to do work that you are passionate about?
Are you ready to work at a law firm that fights every day for justice for all?
Do you want to be a trial lawyer?
Do you want to build your own brand and own clients?
Are you ready to become an expert in your field?
Are you ready to take a step forward in your career?
If so, Tyson & Mendes may be the place for you. We are radically changing the insurance defense industry for the better. From Howell vs. Hamilton Meats to our many trial wins, our firm is built on the belief that everyone deserves justice in the eyes of the law. In addition to our outstanding legal work, the firm takes an innovative approach to law firm management that invests in our employees. Firm leadership is transparent about firm goals and policies and maintains an open door policy at all times. We are committed to listening and adapting where possible.
The firm supports professional growth and development. T&M University, our internal training program for attorneys and staff, provides the resources to help you do your life’s best work. We offer a clear path to leadership and partnership with the firm. The firm is a true meritocracy that rewards stellar performance and results, in both professional advancement and compensation. Our attorneys put in meaningful hours to learn their trade because they are passionate about the work, not because they are driven by the billable hour.
The firm recognizes the importance of work-life interface. While we are not a lifestyle firm, we offer flexible work arrangements to support the demands of today’s modern law practice. Our Women’s Initiative, Young Professionals Group, and Diversity and Inclusion Initiative support a culture of inclusiveness that celebrates our workforce. Additionally, the firm cares about our community. Through our T&M Giving program, over 100 employees volunteered time to local child welfare programs in 2018.
Our commitment to the good health of our team (financial and physical) is reflected in our generous benefits package. The firm offers a guaranteed bonus structure for attorneys and paralegals, a variety of healthcare plans (some of which at no cost to the employee), 401K matching, paid parental leave, a flexible vacation policy for attorneys, and numerous social and off-site events a year to enrich your relationships with your colleagues.
If you are ready to grow with an innovative firm in 2019 and beyond, join Tyson & Mendes.
_ Responsibilities: _
- Develop a case theme that is more compelling than any plaintiff ploy for sympathy or anger
- Refuse to accept mediocrity, the average, the standard or the norm in anything
- Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
- Independently handle court appearances, depositions, briefs and trials
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Routine communications with clients
- Cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients
- Provide leadership and direction with respect to less experienced attorneys
- JD from an ABA approved school
- Must be licensed in Washington
- 5+ years of solid litigation experience, specifically with litigation support, deposition and trial preparation
- Experience handling insurance defense matters preferred
- Experience with time management systems
- Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
It is the policy of Tyson & Mendes to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Job Type: Full-time