- Provides support in the delivery of the following services: office work, computer data entry, customer service, event production, commencements, University fundraiser, etc.
- Assists in the execution of the GC's Mission & Vision.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and possesses valuable interpersonal skills.
- Assists in the management and implementation of programs/services in their assigned GC Unit.
- Responsible for giving out appropriate information regarding GC, the assigned Unit, hours of operation, events and other related information.
- Is committed to perform all duties in accordance to the GC 's Team Management Philosophy.
- Is knowledgeable of the Graham Center and University policies and procedures and interprets them in a fair and consistent manner.
- Makes recommendations for improvements. Is responsible for attending required staff training sessions and Unit staff meetings.
- Is responsible for adhering to the requirements of the Student Management Program and attend at least (1) student/professional development workshop and volunteer for at least (1) University Wide event.
- Is required to work effectively in a high traffic setting.
- Responsible for the completion of all items stated in the Unit's Opening, During Shift, and Closing Policies and Procedures throughout every shift assigned.
- Responsible for learning the Graham Center Emergency Procedures and refer emergencies to appropriate university administrators.
- Under the supervision of administrator, disseminates information in regards to University rules and policies.
- Maintains constant communications with supervisor and respective administrators.
Federal Work Study
Who May Apply
Students enrolled at FIU, who have been awarded Federal Work Study as part of their Financial Aid Award package. Student must be enrolled with a minimum of six credit hours in a course of study leading to a degree or a Financial Aid eligible certificate.
Criminal Background Check
This student appointment may be subjected to a pre-employment background check.
Student Background Checks
Background check and fingerprinting is required if the job includes any of the following:
Yes or No
Working directly with and/or residing with minors and/or vulnerable persons
Handling/managing cash, checks, cash transactions, gift cards, debit/credit cards, and/or cash equivalent. y
Information technology (IT) related functions N
Driving on behalf of the university (MVR Check only) N
Those working in the Athletics Department who travel with students to events N
Working within museums, N