Area Sales Representative
***THIS POSITION IS 100% COMMISSION BASED TO START***
** Job description
The Plains Building Systems (PBS) Sales Representative is responsible for consultative sales and customer service activities while developing and strengthening relationships with clients, vendors, and team members. This person’s primary responsibility is for sales to private parties, individual builders and commercial contractors based in their assigned area. This person will also provide feedback and insight to our other departments to enhance our teams’ ability to run this division profitably.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with residential builders and commercial contractors in the region.
- Provide contractors, builders and customer with sales quotes, negotiates pricing, applicable submittals and secures terms of sale.
- Follow up with clients and take appropriate action to ensure complete customer satisfaction with products and services provided.
- Follow up with customers to secure contracts, change orders, and work orders negotiated and approved.
- Responsible for being thoroughly knowledgeable about vendor products, pricing and availability and monitoring market trends and practices.
- Strive to maintain an existing book of business and expand product offerings to existing customer base.
- Strive to increase market shares by identifying new opportunities and pursuing them.
- Provide feedback and support to the executive management team to help manage the PBS location as profitably as possible.
- Contribute to the PBS organization’s continued effort to build and develop products, services, systems, and people through innovative thinking and collaboration.
- Assists the Estimating Department in preparing quotes for projects.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous construction sales experience with metal buildings, pole barns, concrete or commercial construction is preferred, but a proven success in general sales is acceptable.
- Associates degree or higher in a construction or business management discipline would be optimal, but not required
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, strong sales and customer service skills as well as showing initiative, being goal-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively read, speak and write the English language.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and creativeness in assisting customers. Must be resourceful and networking to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Basic math skills required, and ability to read a tape measure. Blueprint/spec’s reading ability helpful, but not necessary.
- Basic computer skills including use of email, calendar for scheduling, and design software.
- Ability to work productively in office, at home, or at jobsite, while using good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a respectful and professional demeanor at all times with strong customer service skills.
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical deal size:
- Office or call center
- Door to door
- Trade shows