This position supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) SSD program. The Karsun team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement (DM&E) and operation of multiple FAA Systems. All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The FAA SSD program supports the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies. The Karsun software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of web applications supporting multiple Business Lines within FAA. Successful candidates are modern web development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team.
This role provides support to read and analyze highly technical materials and to create presentations of that information. This may be specifications, drawings, user manuals, presentations, reports, or training documents.
US Citizens, Green Card holders and H1B Visa holders are eligible for Public Trust Clearance required by the FAA
May have the option to work 100% remotely if not local to Virginia.
- Successful candidates must possess the ability to write in clear and concise language that is compliant and responsive to requirements.
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects and subject matter experts, and capture key concepts and ideas, maintain consistency in tone and voice, and use proper English, syntax and grammar.
- Expert Level Technical Writing Skills.
- Strong Analytical Problem-Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly, and work effectively with a diverse group of others.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- In the Technical Writer categories for the Senior I Level, any combination of degree, certification and relevant experience will be considered if the relevant experience requirement is satisfied.
- Engineering ,math, andor science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees
- Required degree +8 relevany years
- The ability to successfully obtail and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance.
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information