ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
This position is a unique, first of its kind position
. The Test Engineer’s initial primary role will place them on the “tip of the spear” by working as a Customer Support Upgrades Engineer for two years. After the completion of your two year assignment, you will apply what you’ve learned in the Customer Service Upgrades team to advance your future as a Test Engineer in the Development and Engineering (D&E) team. As a D&E team member you will produce a better service product with the service engineer in mind, thereby decreasing equipment down time and increasing reliability. If you have a passion for technology, innovation and customer satisfaction, you’ll want to check us out. Join ASML and be part enabling the next technology leap toward improving global quality of life.
We are seeking Test Engineers to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering. Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems. In this hands-on position you will have the opportunity to work with all of these components and become a system expert. You will be the key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and finding potential improvements.
Customer Support Upgrades Engineer - First 24 Months
- Travel to various worldwide customer locations to perform Commercial, Performance and Service upgrades to ASML latest EUV equipment (Taiwan, South Korea, the Netherlands, and the United States).
- Backfill regional team at regional sites when requested
- You play a vital role in assuring the quality and performance of ASML’s innovative products. From hardware installation to product debugging and testing optimization – you help ensure our products are consistently competitive and leading in the market.
- Performs hardware removal and installations; functional and safety checks.
- Performs recovery of the Source vessel. To include resolving all the issues that are impeding the generation of light, EUV light generation and ultimately optimization (bringing up the system).
- Adheres to the escalation process to resolve issues in an expeditious manner.
- Seeks action and continuous improvement opportunities to reduce upgrade cycle time.
Equipment Engineer – Post CS Upgrades Assignment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to lead others and train as needed in a fast paced and culturally diverse environment
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data, information, and documents.
- Worldwide travel up to 60% is required, up to 5 weeks (continuous) at a time based out of San Diego.
- Valid Passport required
- Must be able to work in a 24 hour x 7 day environment, i.e. any shift, any day.
- Must be able to work in cleanrooms were cleanroom and safety clothing/equipment are required.
- Checks tools and parts on site before the upgrade starts.
- Uses and refines procedures before and during the upgrade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Physical Demands (Test Engineer)
- Performs tests, integration, R&D, upgrades, and qualification of EUV systems and their components.
- Aligns and maintains sensitive optics and high power lasers.
- Uses advanced HW and SW to operate, diagnose, and characterize functionality and performance.
- Gathers, correlates, interprets, and presents data.
- Solves problems through troubleshooting and leveraging available resources.
- Captures and drives the resolution of issues to ensure a quality product.
- Drives the improvement of procedures and processes.
- Works with stakeholders from different departments and builds a strong communication network.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- May be assigned to work non-day shifts or travel to customer sites to provide support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics or BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 0-2 years of relevant experience. Exceptional recent college graduates considered.
- Strong engineering, technical, and physics fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful.
- Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying organized and detailed oriented.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with electronics, gas and vacuum, mechanical systems, lasers, optics, and controls.
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, and power meters.
- Experience using tools such as calipers, torque wrenches, and hoists.
- Experience with Labview, Python, or Matlab.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routinely required to walk, talk, hear, lift, feel, crouch, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be capable of working in the lab at floor level to 8 feet high with appropriate ladder.
- May require use of respirator apparatus.