As one of the fastest-growing companies in the valley, TripActions is the leading business travel platform disrupting the $1.5T business travel industry.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. As road warriors frustrated with their business travel experience, co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being there, not getting there. So in 2015, they created TripActions. With a vast selection of inventory and a personalized, intuitive user interface, we make booking travel fast and easy. And when changes or delays come up, road warriors get 24/7 proactive support to ensure they never have to fend for themselves. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Less than 3 years later, we have over 250 employees and are quickly approaching 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Box, Allbirds and Strava switching to TripActions. TripActions has nearly $80M in funding having recently received $51M in Series B led by Arif Janmohamed, Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners and joined by Oren Zeev of Zeev Ventures.
Recognized as Comparably's "Most Diverse" and #3 "Best Company to Work" for in the U.S, TripActions empowers companies and travelers to show up and create growth. Nothing can truly replicate the value of being there face-to-face –– which is why we're on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We're modernizing and re-defining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team partners with business leaders throughout TripActions to drive financial and strategic decisions. We provide analysis and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, and reporting.
We're looking for a specialist to partner with our Go To Market (GTM) teams to continue driving the organization towards financial and strategic excellence.
In this role you are expected to be a "junior CFO" to the CRO and CMO. This includes working with Sales Ops and the broader GTM team to develop and improve forecasts, coordinate various planning cycles, track sales performance, assist with procurement and budgeting, drive best-in-class commissions practices, pilot capacity and quota planning, and drive expense and headcount efficiency where needed to deliver improvements in CAC without slowing down our growth.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Support the implementation of bookings and revenue forecasting systems and processes
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to perform funnel and win-rate analyses across various channels and segments and drive improvements to business results through insights
- Prepare ad hoc business case, pricing, and ROI analyses for business development opportunities
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports and dashboards
- Prepare, model and forecast variable compensation in partnership with the Sales team
- Work closely with Corporate FP&A to drive and consolidate global budgeting, financial tracking, executive reporting and expense approvals processes for the Sales organization
- Analyze Budget/Forecast variances to Actual and review with the Sales and Finance teams
- Develop driver-based expense models and provide peer benchmarks to drive expense and headcount efficiency improvements
- Bachelor's degree; Finance or Accounting preferred; MBA a plus
- 3+ years professional Sales Finance / FP&A experience, both Revenue & Expense; Enterprise Sales experience a plus
- 2+ years investment banking or management consulting experience preferred
- Excel guru who compiles financial models in his/her sleep
- Understanding of Salesforce and best practices for interfacing with financial systems
- Steadfast professional who prioritizes being a partner to the business while challenging and driving improvements in performance and outcomes
- Knowledge of Intacct ERP and cloud-based financial planning systems a plus
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Able to perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analyses, as well as step back and make recommendations based on the insights you develop
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you're at your best
- Bay Area location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Flexibility to work in our San Francisco office a few times a week.