Are you a driven, hardworking technician looking to be part of a fun, energetic team? Interested in joining a company that will heavily invest in training and offers paid industry certifications? Are you passionate about delivering the absolute best customer experience possible and have the ability to identify and contribute to the needs of the team, day in and day out?
A-V Services Inc. is searching for a leader able to deliver results under the highest expectations on time and quality with strong work ethics who loves working with people, committed to continuous improvement of self and company.
An AV Service technician will possess a full understanding of most areas of the AV and IT field including but not limited to:
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose AV equipment failure, finding problems or Root Cause Analysis (provision of examples of software bugs) and resolve any service issues related to the system installed.
· Provide onsite support and troubleshoot of control systems and digital signal audio processors (DSP). (Crestron, AMX, Extron, Biamp, Clearone, Polycom SoundStucture, amongst others), Projection systems / display devices, Audio and Video Switching / Audio and video routing / interfacing technology, Telepresence Videoconferencing & Audio-conferencing technologies, Bridging and Digital Video Wall Signage technologies.
· Able to create accurate and coherent documentation and reports for distribution to end users. Report findings while engaging with clients providing relevant details as well as all required documentation in a timely manner (e.g. field service reports, preventative maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets, etc.).
· Ability to work remotely with Control and DSP programmers out in the field to be able re-load programs, troubleshoot and commission systems.
· Able to conduct research into networking issues and installation problems. Arrange for product returns and/or exchanges with our vendors when required.
· Efficiently terminate, solder, label, test and pull low voltage cable and connectors between audio, video, data and control equipment.
· Ability to work tools such as RJ45 and BNC Crimpers, Power tools, Soldering Iron, Cat6 and Fiber testing and termination kits, etc.
· Ability to install and configure wired and wireless Audio and Control network systems, and microphones.
· Fluently capable to read and comprehend AV system drawings, signal blocks, schematics and training manuals.
Experience & Skills:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience servicing and/or installing systems in a client facing capacity with prior corporate support services experience w/strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Must have clear and effective written and verbal English communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal abilities.
· Must always look/present well and communicate clearly and effectively to management and clients. Always presents a positive image of self and company.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction to encourage repeat and referral business.
· Detail-oriented w/strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to think outside the box to solve complicated issues that may arise. Uses different tactics for resolving conflicts/issues prior to escalation; follow approved escalation procedures when appropriate.
· Network troubleshooting experience. Knowledge of commercial IT networks for LAN or WAN. Experience with VoIP networking products and PBXs such as Nortel, Avaya, Cisco, NEC, Shoretel, Mitel, etc. are a PLUS.
· Working knowledge of XP, Win7, W10, MS Office Suite, Mac OS, Networking protocols.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted through the day and transition between client locations.
· Ability to work in spaces with less than 30” of headroom, while in a kneeling or seated position.
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record a PLUS.
· Standard hours for this role are M-F 8:30AM – 5PM
· Must have flexible schedule as overtime may be needed. Willingness to periodically cover 11AM-7PM shift is a must; occasionally provide weekend support coverage. We support our clients 24/7/365 so this individual will be part of a team that rotates shifts for full coverage.
Audio Video conferencing or control equipment manufacturer certifications are a PLUS: (Crestron DM, AMX, Extron, Biamp, Clearone, Polycom SoundStucture, etc.) CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) certification is a PLUS. Professional IT certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, SSCA SIP certification, Microsoft Certifications are a PLUS.
Job Type: Full-time