Full Job Description
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create alumni programs and events specific to Long Island and online alumni for affinity groups.
- Work with Office of Marketing and Communications to prepare event-related materials, marketing, advertising for alumni programs and events.
- Engage in prospect management with an assigned portfolio and assist the IA development staff in strategizing and cultivating relationships.
- Collaborate with IA development team to strategize ways to involve alumni - cultivating donors in creative ways and connecting through stewardship opportunities.
- Build partnerships with various academic and administrative departments to optimize events and alumni participation.
- Assess and examine SJCmentor program for Long Island campus. Design mentor program to best fit LI alumni base and LI students.
- Provide support as needed for year-round webinars of special interest to alumni.
- Liaise to Office of Career and Professional Development
- Organize relevant programs and events (panels, events, webinars, and workshops) that serve as a networking platform to support professional development of SJC students and alumni
- Secure alumni speakers, panelists, etc. for student interaction and guidance
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Student Life (Multicultural Student Life, Wellness, and Student Leadership and Involvement)
- Sponsor and co-host events that engage current students with alumni.
- Maintain alumni affinity with regard to student leadership experiences and co-curricular clubs/activities.
- Coordinate activities that prepare seniors to enter the Alumni Association — including, but not limited to Leadership Luncheon, Senior Week and Graduation.
- Plan Golden Eagles Athletics Reunion/Homecoming in coordination with Long Island alumni team and other special events, including logistics, pre-event preparations, communications, volunteer management and post event evaluations and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years of experience in alumni relations or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a customer service orientation and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be professional, organized, creative, efficient, and able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete tasks with close attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
St. Joseph’s College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, status of being transgender, age, disability, protected veteran status, and all other classes protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please apply by February 1, 2020
Job Type: Full-time