Homes for the Homeless (HFH – non-profit) offers amazing sleepaway summer camp experiences to homeless children and children living in shelters in New York City. Our kids are awesome but bring some of their life challenges with them to camp.
HFH Camps are a brilliant place to work:
Our awesome summer team is a supportive, tight knit group. We take care of each other and we take care of our campers. We are all in this together and make a brilliant, rewarding difference in both the lives of our campers, our team, and ourselves.
The camp recruiter is based at the Central HFH office in lower Manhattan, but travels to various boroughs to recruit children to our amazing camps.
Camp Wakonda and Camp Lanowa are offering an amazing and unforgettable summer helping homeless children experience the great outdoors! Located on fresh water lakes in Harriman State Park and just 1 hour from NYC, we serve a co-ed population of 75 campers ages 7-9 at Camp Wakonda and 120 campers ages 10-13 at Camp Lanowa. For more information about our summer camp program, please visit us at www.hfhcamps.org.
HFH Summer Camps seeks part-time Camp Recruiters to recruit children from various homeless shelters throughout the five boroughs to attend our summer camp. Recruiters will work 20-28 hours per week into the summer and will get hourly compensation and transportation stipends. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and ambitious Recruiters with a strong work ethic. These are seasonal, entry-level roles.
- Recruit and enroll eligible children from assigned shelters. Working knowledge of the subway systems and ability to travel to all five boroughs.
- Respond in a timely manner and provide updates to parents and staff.
- Assist parents throughout the application process by maintaining communication with applicant families recording any changes that could affect camper’s participation.
- Ensure that eligible campers show up for sendoff to the corresponding camp session and are picked up at the end of their camp session.
2018-19 Recruiting Schedule:
- Interest in the NYC Homeless shelters system and in social services a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, experience working in team environment.
- Organized, detail oriented, proficient in maintaining records, and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Bilingual a plus (Spanish, French, Creole).
- Ability to work during evenings and/or weekends as necessary.
- Working knowledge of the subway systems and ability to travel to all five boroughs.
Summer 2019 Camp Schedule (Recruiter Schedule to be determined)
Click this link to apply:
- Monday, June 3: Senior camp leadership is expected to arrive
- Thursday, June 13: Unit heads and Swim Director start
- Thursday, June 20: General staff training
- Friday, June 28: Session #1 starts
- Friday, August 16: Last day of Camp
- Tuesday, August 20: Camp Cleanup
http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.