The Assistant Director (AD) of Programs develops products and services to increase community and national awareness for the South Central Telehealth Resource Center (SCTRC), a federally funded grant. S/He ensures that outreach deliverables are met for the grant and ensure that they meet the needs of rural hospitals and providers, both nationally and with a special focus on Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee. The AD is the vital leader in management development, implementation and evaluation of new and existing services, programs, outreach events, and partnerships. This position requires independent judgment and in-depth knowledge in interpreting telehealth policies and procedures, and serves as an active leader in project management and educational event planning.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
Develops products and services to increase community and national awareness for the SCTRC.
Develops, establishes and maintains strong relationships with medical staff, external personnel and external professional groups, federal, state and local agencies.
Provides high-quality programmatic guidance to rural hospitals and providers.
Responsible for implementing training, developing learning modules, and maintaining the public relations for the SCTRC through social media, websites, blogs.
Manages, assesses, and collects data for education content creation, distribution, and promotion.
Leads the partnership between the rural health care providers, the SCTRC, and the Center for Distance Health (CDH) staff to ensure the educational and resource needs are met.
Assists in gathering data for the writing and designing of new funding resources such as grants, contracts for services provided by the program.
Builds and strengthens relationships with government, hospitals, community health centers and related health care providing organizations.
Develops educational materials by collaborating with the instructional design and content development teams.
Writes press releases, articles, letters, video scripts, course modules, and other public relations documents.
Participates in the national consortium of telehealth resource centers to represent the SCTRC region with the developed outreach materials which meet the national-level education needs as required to fulfill initiatives.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Communication, Education or related field PLUS five (5) years of experience in health education, education, reporting or related field
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project Management, and Social Media
- Public Speaking experience
- Valid Arkansas Driver’s License
- Access to reliable transportation with current and valid liability insurance for occasional in-state/out of state overnight travel
- Master's Degree in Education or equivalent
- Over 5 years of experience in health education and training
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Additional certificates related to education, teleheath, or specialty content
- Presentation or grant related experience
- Experience in multi-agency or stakeholder collaboration
- Experience in website management and social media platforms
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to work independently with little oversight
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity