Operations Manager (L6)
Central Operations refers to a new approach in Global Specialty Fulfillment to define a scalable solution to run the increasingly complex and growing delivery network. Central Operations is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way Global Specialty Fulfillment executes last mile delivery. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create world class customer experiences.
As an Operations Manager at Central Operations you will lead a team of Area Managers, Dispatch Leaders and associates to drive performance in your shift. You will be responsible for building processes, systems and mechanisms as well as driving process execution and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. Additional duties include coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
- Responsible for the overall delivery quality, cost, and customer experience for all Global Specialty Fulfillment FC’s that are part of the node.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers, dispatch supervisors and 30-75 hourly dispatchers. Develop managers for career progression.
- Create and nurture recognition and communication programs to establish great work culture for dispatchers
- Responsible for weekly planning and forecasting of order volume, organizational staffing, and Amflex labor needs.
Deep dive intra-day and intra-week tends and create action plans to address operational issues in coordination with Central delivery, fulfillment center and Amazon flex
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across central operations shifts and all nodes in the network.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- 4+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, and performance management
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation