Incumbent is responsible for supporting the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of digital and strategic communications and marketing efforts for Hiring Our Heroes (HOH).
- Work closely with the senior director of strategic communications and digital programs to maintain and execute programmatic initiatives.
- Assist with executing HOH strategic communications and the marketing operational plan.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, product managers, developers, vendors, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure successful communications and marketing strategies and events and launches.
- Conceptualize and create a wide range of print and digital materials from concept through execution, including graphics for webpages, social media, infographics, publications, brochures, posters, and newsletters.
- Maintain an archive of projects following the established file structure and organization.
- Continuously build on and improve design skills as relevant to changing industry standards.
- Facilitate LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram engagements and coordinate live event coverage as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience.
- Experience with the military community preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and leverage cross-functional teams to develop, execute, and manage content.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, problem solver, and decision maker.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, research, and presentation skills.
- Versed in media and online communications.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of nonprofit, government, and corporate interests.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with Adobe Suite, CSS, and HTML.
- Creativity and the ability to think strategically.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- WordPress, social media marketing, video production (e.g., storyboards, art direction, editing), animation/motion graphics (e.g., animated GIFs and short videos), illustration, and translating data into infographics a plus.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.