This dynamic position combines many important areas of the student experience to serve as an engaged advisor, holistic mentor and student advocate. The responsibilities of this position include, serving as Greek Life and Sorority advisor, mentoring and advising a caseload of students, and executing programming to create a vibrant campus life.
- Serve as a member of the LIU Promise team, participating in all areas of the department (student engagement and programing, residence life, academic advising, career success, orientation, Greek Life, international programs, etc.)
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Advise the Panhellenic Association and all NPC Groups
- Communicate regularly with the NPC and the national offices of our NPC Groups
- Plan and execute Formal and Informal Sorority Recruitment
- Develop and implement all Greek programming efforts such as Greek Week, Greek Sing, Medal of Honor Challenge, Greek Leadership Retreat, etc.
- Assist in the advisement of the Greek Advisory Board
- Identify expansion opportunities for new national organizations and organize increased membership growth initiatives.
- Oversee the intake process for Rho Lambda, Gamma Sigma Alpha, and the Order of Omega Greek Honor Societies
- Coordinate campus life programs/initiatives that enhance the student experience and increase retention rates throughout the University.
- Support evening and weekend coverage for campus life events and programs.
- Serve as a success coach and mentor for a caseload of up to 150 undergraduate students.
- Prepare students for their transition to the college, and integrate new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social life of the University
- Assist in pre-enrollment and orientation activities reinforcing the importance of a collective, integrated college experience geared toward academic and career success
- Provide academic advisement to each student, specifically through the progression of the initial registration upon acceptance to major/degree selection as it pertains to career interests and pursuits
- Interpret career assessment instruments and provide career resources/advisement, developing a timely career track congruent with students' academic pursuits
- Review financial aid information and assist students with understanding financial aid procedures
- Coordinate with affiliate departments to achieve program recruitment and retention goals
- Upholds a set of professional standards and beliefs consistent with the mission of the University, Dean of Students Office, and LIU Promise
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Associate Director of LIU Promise, Director of LIU Promise, and/or Dean of Students.
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree is preferred in College Student Development or a related field. The successful applicant will be a member of a National Panhellenic Conference sorority; College Panhellenic and/or national office experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated community development within a college student; environment; excellent organizational, oral, written and communication skills. Supervisory, crisis response, and administrative skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Mixture of regular office work incorporated into a live-in environment with college students.
Late night and weekend work required.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
LIU is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency