- Operational Leader for all tax accounting and compliance deliveries
- Responsible for tax accounting and compliance calendars
- Review and approval of all calculations of department
- Ensure compliance with SOX and other internal control processes relevant to the tax processes which include document retention according to legal requirements
- Sign off on testing during SAP annual update
- Stakeholder management with operating businesses, other F&C departments, CFO Tax and other functional groups
- Deliver improvement of tax processes, including leading system changes to reflect any new regulatory or financial requirements
- Review preparation of all relevant U.S. federal, state and local income tax returns & payments
- Support audits of tax numbers
- Lead and development of team members
- Create a team environment and succession plan
- Contribution to the shared services strategy & GBS F&C Management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business, or related disciplines.
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of public accounting or oil and gas industry accounting (incl tax accounting) and/or other relevant operational US corporate income tax experience.
- Solid understanding of IFRS accounting incl IAS 12 and BS approach
- Solid understanding and awareness of US Tax compliance requirements (Federal and State)
- Proven ability to ensure work is accurate and completed in a timely manner;
- Good organization skills and proficient in oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Strong knowledge of various software applications used for maintaining tax records; Microsoft 365 suite, SAP FI AM & SAP FI JV modules, TCM
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- Be a digital frontrunner – identify and implement digital opportunities
- Lean mindset – reduce waste in processes
- Positive attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Open, Collaborative, Caring, and Courageous
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and compliance in all job aspects
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.