- 10+ years supporting leading performance and / or deliverables based task orders and / or contracts with U.S. Defense and / or Intelligence Community.
- 5+ years combined experience pursuing, winning, and managing prime contracts within the U.S. Defense and / or Intelligence Community.
- 5+ years experience using Microsoft Word and Excel to produce project documentation, schedules, briefings, performance models, and contract deliverables.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to manage work streams within our fast growing U.S. National Security Program Management Office. The program office (PMO) team is responsible for working with account teams to develop region expansion business case, managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, negotiate task orders, driving customer commitments to proceed, maintaining the program’s integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance and IV&V functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of program management and technical business development professionals in pursuing new and overseeing existing US Government contract requirements, milestones, and deliverables.
The role requires subject matter expertise, technical program management, and technical business development experience to incorporate technical requirements into commercial transactions and effectively structure, facilitate, and close deals, and manage tactical program activities in accordance with existing contract performance criteria. You will draw upon extensive information technology centric project management, critical thinking, and analytic problem solving skills coupled with business development and executive communication skills within the U.S. Defense and Intelligence Communities.
- Align program priorities and resources to the needs of the broader U.S. National Security Community
- Focus on winning large task order and contract proposal efforts
- Meet regularly with Amazon internal service teams to develop effective methods for assuring timely delivery of contract commitments.
- Meet regularly with executive level government stakeholders and customers to solicit and aggregate community-level requirements, translating to internal service team "demand signals"
- Develop and maintain high level work plans, risk management plans and schedules.
- Develop and execute effective methods of communication among AWS and government stakeholders.
- Lead operational and contract performance discussions with customer stakeholders through formal program performance reviews and technical planning meetings.
- Participate in long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts.
- Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
- Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
- Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.
For more information on AWS, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
- Knowledge of IC community procurement and contracting processes.
- Performed work in a leadership role to include overseeing/leading the implementing project schedules, work breakdown structures, project management plans, performance management plans, operations management plans and methods for measuring team performance in the completion of contractually
- Demonstrable ability to present technical and programmatic briefings to senior Government officials.
- Possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.