PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for employment, a Ponca Tribe of Nebraska application (https://www.poncatribe-ne.org/form-job-application/) must be completed by the closing date.
Incumbent is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Information Technology (IT) Department in alignment with the objectives of the Tribal organization. Serves as the IT Point of Contact for the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska (PTN) Information Technology Department to answer, evaluate, and prioritize user requests to include hardware, software, networking, and other technology related issues. Incumbent is responsible for establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Information Technology Contractors to ensure contractors are fulfilling all services specified in contract. Works closely with Tribal Council, CEO, Executive and Deputy Directors of Tribal Affairs, Finance Director, Human Resources Director (HRD), and departmental directors to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Incumbent also defines and implements IT policies, procedures and best practices once approved.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for providing overall updates to the IT Committee on projects, emerging issues, benchmarks, policy and procedure needs.
- Serves as the Indian Health Service (I.H.S.) Site Manager, Security Point of Contact, and liaison between Ponca Tribe of Nebraska and I.H.S. Responsible for hardware and software administration, maintenance and support for the Resource Patient Management System (RMPS), Windows, and UNIX based servers, Local Area Network and Wide Area Network systems. Serves as a technical resource for the support of the Electronic Health Record System.
- Works closely with departmental directors on all IT related projects to include; coordination, review of IT contracts, scope of works, procurement/disposal, help desk, and special projects including installation and testing.
- Install and configure workstations, laptops, and other computing devices. Install software, antivirus, departmental software, and other user specific applications for all end users.
- Provide first line diagnostics on-site eyes and ears for Information Technology contractors and Indian Health Services. Provide technical support to end users as needed ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner. Escalate issues to IT Contractors when necessary.
- Works with Procurement Officer to maintain all technical hardware lifecycles, inventory, and software licensing to ensure a stable computer environment for all employees.
- Coordinates with all outside vendors for all organizational technology needs. Plans and manages the implementation of all technical projects within the organization.
- Develops and maintains organizational technology policy and procedures in conjunction with Human Resource Management department for staff usage of resources.
- Serve as the technical resources to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Executive Director of Tribal Affairs (EDTA), Finance Director, and Human Resources Director (HRD) on Tribal projects, and Service Unit organizational components on all matters relating to data/video telecommunications requirements, design, policy, procedures, training, standards, equipment, cost and schedules.
- Travels to and from Tribal Office locations within reasonable period of time when needed for problem resolution and reduce consulting cost associated with travel time.
- Be on call 24/7 in case of equipment and network failure or technical assistance
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties. Oversee IT Contractors and other PTN vendors.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Professional office environment with low to moderate noise level.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two years of application support experience.
- Two years of related administrative information technology experience.
- Two years of management and supervisor experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network, and PC operating systems.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
- One or more year of experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638: Indian Self-Determination Act.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,305.00 to $83,429.59 /year