JOB TITLE: Human Resources Director
REPORTS TO: Area Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISES: 0-4, HR Coordinator, HR Benefits/Safety Manager
The Human Resources Director is responsible for ensuring the efficient administration and management of the Human Resource functions supporting the Area Director with the following: recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the Human Resources function at the property to retain, develop and motivate associates in an effective manner and promote a safe, fair, positive work environment; Plan and manage the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes to maintain staffing levels with qualified individuals.
- Plan, implement and coordinate training programs including company training and brand required training programs to develop quality managers and associates. Consult with the Area Director and make recommendations to the management staff for additional training classes.
- Support the budgeting process for the Human Resource department by analyzing and estimating past and future costs in conjunction with cost parameters set by the corporate office.
- Assist in the oversight of the performance management including monitoring performance evaluations to make certain they are completed and submitted on a timely basis. Facilitate development and monitoring of associate performance improvement plans.
- Assist the Area Director of Human Resources with the management of the annual hotel salaried and hourly associate compensation program.
- Direct and administer employee relations programs and activities such as employee recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive employee relations climate.
- Assist the Area Director in the develop, implement, and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel staff to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment, and monitor for fair and consistent application.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures along with state, federal and local laws and regulations as they pertain to every facet of associated related functions; Ensure compliance with brand standards; Ensure proper maintenance of associate records, files and human resources office systems.
- Oversee the Payroll and Timekeeping function and assist the Benefit/Safety Manager by monitor safety programs and the administration of the Workers' Compensation program.
- Support the Benefit/Safety Manager in the administration of the benefits programs in compliance with corporate procedures.
- Monitor Unemployment Insurance claims. Works in disputes and Unemployment Hearings to serve the best interest of the company.
- Managing the current union contract, including union increases, union grievances and assist the Area Director of Human Resources with union negotiations when necessary.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to convey information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message. Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one's intentions. Requires effective reading, writing and oral comprehension.
- Administration and management capabilities with fiduciary responsibilities. - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resource Matters.
- Leadership qualities. Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results. Requires the ability to inspire confidence and gain respect of hotel team, industry partners, competitors, and owners.
- Service orientation. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Possibly supervise one or more human resource staff to include Hiring, Training, Coaching, Discipline, and Performance Evaluations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related major.
- Five or more years of experience in hospitality Human Resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time