At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
The QA Software Engineer
team member will be responsible for creating and executing test plans and test cases, automate test cases and regression test suites, and, in general, for measuring software quality and improving software development process. This is a great growth opportunity to be able to learn from and collaborate with a team of chemists, physicists, data scientists, IC/Chip designers, software engineers in the field of DNA Sequencing/Bioinformatics. We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing, please apply!
- Design, Propose, Architect, and Develop ongoing automated test environments for various software components
- Assist with manual testing for those components that are not easily automated
- Work with software developers to understand the software and propose a QA plan accordingly
- Able to add testing infrastructure support for unit test/isolation, Limited logging, and selective testing
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, software quality, technical support and other engineers
- Adhere to software development and source control processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 5+ years of software development or testing experience
- Experienced in building/developing automated testing framework for distributed systems using well-known test frameworks like Python unittest, TestNG or Google testing framework
- Strong experience with Python, BASH, or other scripting languages
- Experienced in Unix or Linux environment
- Experience working with SQL and big-data system, e.g. Hadoop, Storm, Spark etc is a plus
- Experience in working with Git or other source control software, and Issue Tracking software e.g. Jira, Bugzilla etc.
What we offer:
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Google AppEngine, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience with setting up and using Continuous Integration infrastructure e.g. Hudson, Jenkins
- Object-Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming experience
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.