We are a small development shop with great big aspirations. We are working hard to develop tools that make our user’s lives better in some measurable way today, and knowing that we’re doing that give us motivation to keep doing it even better tomorrow. We are self-driven by nature, but making others happy absolutely feeds our motivations as well.
Since we are small, it’s easy to be very communicative and collaborative with one another. We love looking at new technologies, but we’re also pragmatic regarding strengths and weaknesses. We take a great deal of responsibility for what we develop, and have very little red tape in working directly with the network, SAN and database administrators to get things done quickly.
Of course, we would prefer that the person that we are bringing onto the team shares some of the qualities and characteristics that we ourselves believe that we have:
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends and technologies in .NET, databases, analytics, etc.
- Someone whose first reaction to a problem is curiosity rather than frustration
- Has the belief that they can always improve, and always contribute
- Understands and appreciates the fact that in a small team, everyone is important, and everyone needs to strive for the best that they can do
Working on a side-project at home? Great! Bring it in and show it off to us. We have side-projects going too, and we’d like your feedback and ideas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following lists the primary responsibilities of this position. This position will evolve as it is determined which activities most contribute to the success of the business.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of all internal and external CU Direct Connect software applications, interfaces and databases. Includes:
- Developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying key areas for modification
- 'Bolting together' existing software products (getting incompatible platforms to work together and creating code to link them)
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Developing wholly new software and systems to support and further the capabilities of the business
- Utilizing CU Direct Connect’s business requirements and plans, assists in determining the short and long range data processing requirements, as well as the application infrastructure that will be necessary to support those requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of CUDC’s software and hardware products to be able to assist conceptually and when we are identifying necessary business and/or economic requirements. Be able to understand the scope of the changes/enhancements to our network & application architecture and design and provide answers on the feasibility of CUDC’s ideas.
- Assists in the research, evaluation and implementation of new products and services related to CU Direct Connect’s application, network and security.
Required Technical Experience & Skills:
- Create complex database queries primarily using Microsoft SQL Server
- Significant experience with XML, HTML, CSS, JSON
- Strong experience with SQL query analysis and performance tuning
- Familiarity with data caching concepts
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- C# development and .NET technology, including ASP.NET MVC and Razor
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM). NHibernate preferred, Entity Framework experience or equivalent acceptable.
- Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection. (Castle Windsor, Autofac, Unity, etc.)
- .NET build tools (MSBuild, NAnt)
- Source control management tool. Mercurial or Git preferred
- Agile development concepts and methods
- Multi-environment (QA, training, production) deployments/releases and support (troubleshooting, patching)
Nice to additional experience to have:
- ASP.NET Web Forms (for Legacy tool support)
- Castle Monorail (for Legacy tool support)
- Service bus technology, such as Rhino Service Bus or NServiceBus
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Additional Required Skills:
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can cope effectively with change; shifts gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; asks questions until a clear path is reached.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish even when meeting resistance
- Communication – Can effectively communicate in verbal and written forms, shaping the language and style used to the audience
- Attention to Detail – Extremely attentive and observant, with the ability to filter out unimportant information to more clearly focus on the task at hand
- Ability to build strategic and working relationships with clients and internal personnel
- Ability to be proactive and identify/initiate projects and activities
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment
- Strong team player
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities
Educational and Experience Qualifications:
- Five (5)+ years of experience in the IT industry; 3 years in an IT Developer role. Experience in the financial or lending industry a plus. B.S./B.A. Degree or commensurate practical development experience required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Regularly required to drive, walk, sit, and talk/hear/see. Frequent need to use hands to finger or handle objects, tools or controls; specifically, frequent use of a computer keyboard. Must be able to operate and drive a vehicle. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Limited travel to local vendors. May occasionally need to travel to an out of state vendor (less than 5%).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Developer Role: 3 years
- IT industry: 5 years