Leading Audio/Visual Company seeks experienced individual with the abilities listed below. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC focusing support to one corporate client.
Standard working hours are 8 AM – 5 PM; flexibility required for after-hours events/meetings or regional requests outside of standard hours
Primarily responsible for translating verbal communications, usually in real time. This can include speeches at conferences and events, meetings, classes and training sessions, or individual communications between two people or small groups of people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sign and abide by all data privacy and confidentiality requirements, even after employment is terminated.
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies affecting American Sign Language.
- Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the subject matter so he or she can accurately translate what is being spoken into sign language.
- Additional duties as assigned by administration, particularly light project management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree from a regionally accredited institution in American Sign Language, ASL/Sign Language, ASL Linguistics, ASL-English Interpreting or related field and ASLTA Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent reading skills.
- Strong voicing skills/voice quality - ability to speak quickly with clear enunciation.
- Excellent spelling/vocabulary.
- Good typing skills (at least 55 words per minute with a low error rate).
- Strong memory-recall ability.
- Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail.
- Skill in current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, hear, and talk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicant must have a good customer friendly approach.
Full Time Position has benefits including employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), competitive and comprehensive health insurance, life insurance, dental program, 401k, short-term and long-term disability insurance, FSA, HRA, Commuter Benefit Card, full paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Washington, DC 20006 (Required)
- American Sign Language: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place