Job Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Time Frame: August 20 2018-June 9 2019. Renewable Annually.
Rate: $18-$20/ hr. dependent upon experience.
Paid Spring Break and Winter Holiday Break
Multiple Positions Available: 1 @ 20 hrs/wk, 1 @ 35-40 hrs a week.
Rebound, Alternatives for Youth (www.reboundnc.org) is a growing non-profit that serves Durham high school students who are on ,or at risk of, short term suspension from school. Program Assistants work in the day program, which serves up to 15 students a day from 9 am to 4 pm on the traditional school calendar.
An effective Program Assistant is a community-oriented individual who enjoys engaging with young people and can adapt to an environment in which new students are rotating in and out of the program on a daily basis.
Interpersonal, logistical, and recordkeeping skills are essential. Knowledge of Durham schools and neighborhoods is a plus. Spanish-speaking team members are needed.
- Develop supportive relationships with adolescents. Maintain atmosphere of trust, safety, and respect among program participants and staff.
- Maintain control of and account for the daily whereabouts and safety of students attending Rebound.
- Assist in day-to-day operation of program services, including set-up and clean-up, assisting with schoolwork, lunch, engaging students in discussion, participating in “gym time” with students, redirecting students as needed, and facilitating students’ transition back to their base schools
- Assist in planning for group activities, encourage student participation.
- Assist in providing direct services to youth in Rebound program, including engaging students in program activities, advocating for clients, coordinating with family members, school staff, and other community agencies in a professional and confidential way.
- Make intake calls to families; Meet with families on initial visit to Rebound; complete program intakes and assessments, or other client paperwork.
- Provide documentation and data entry for youth files and create reports according to schedule.
As a member of the Rebound Team:
- Participate in appropriate trainings to enhance work with clients, including restorative practices, conflict resolution, strengths-based social work, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in communicating with the larger community to enhance awareness of the services the program offers.
Send Resume, Cover Letter, and References to Board President Amy Rublein
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time