AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Vice President of Talent will oversee talent buying/acquisition for a specified region. The incumbent approves and reviews artist offers, assists in the negotiation process with Talent Buyers and approves calendar holds. The Vice President Talent will also take lead with high priority clients, negotiating with artist management and securing deals. Additionally this position will seek out new venue, festival and co-promotion opportunities and evaluate each deal for potential profitability.
- Make deals with high priority clients. Negotiate deals with agents to and create offers for talent. Communicate with artist and artist management. Secure calendar holds with venue and artists.
- Work with marketing and ticketing for build of show, advise on flow for announce and on sale. Evaluate all shows on sale and make adjustments to ticketing and marketing where necessary to ensure maximum profit.
- Ensure that events are processed correctly, and all departments have appropriate information. Point of contact for high priority clients. Work on settlements internally with accounting.
- Manage special projects including, festivals and conventions for talent buyers. Oversee artist acquisition process for regional venues and festivals.
- Seek out new business opportunities. Conduct site visits at new venues and festival sites to evaluate profit potential. Make recommendations for new opportunities. Build and cultivate new and existing relationships with sponsors, venues and co-promoters.
- Manage local staff by setting clear and obtainable goals. Encourage open communication and mentor employees. Review and approve artist contracts and assist in negotiation process. Ensure that office is functioning properly.
- Maintain and evaluate budget. Create budgets both annually and on a per show basis. Perform monthly reforecasting.
- May be responsible for overseeing marketing and ticketing departments in specified region.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Marketing, Public Relations, or related area (Advanced degree preferred)
- 10 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of business principles with the ability to analyze deal points
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights weekends and some holidays
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with an even temperament
- Existing relationships with artist and venue management with the ability to build and keep new relationships
- Experience working as a talent buyer and concert promotion with knowledge of how the music industry operates
- Exceptional written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Knowledge of region and demographics within the region
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Drive and passion for music preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.