- Sales Experience
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace it with something beautiful, simple and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys. So we kept doing it.
Today, our mission is simple:
Empower independent business owners to dream big and fight smart. We're doing this by disrupting the industry through our cloud-based architecture, amazing customer care and intuitive software that delivers the data small business owners need to run a smarter business.
At ShopKeep, we've been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of their communities. If you want to defend the independent spirit of "Main Street," you've found your kind of people.
About This Role
As a Sales Specialist, you'll sell ShopKeep's cloud-based iPad POS technology to key stakeholders in a wide variety of small businesses. You will interact with all manner of small business owners each and every day, striving to help them run a smarter business. From cold calling to web-based demonstration of our unique and powerful software, you'll take full ownership of the sales cycle. Your sales technique involves phone skills and persistence. All merchant contact will be over the phone and through digital communication.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, driven, and competitive -- you'll be surrounded by like-minded people on the Sales team at ShopKeep. A Sales Specialist does everything in their power to meet goal; a ShopKeep Sales Executive exceeds it, month over month. Hungry for an opportunity to be #1? Want to be recognized for your performance, and be part of a team that is changing small businesses? Great! This job's for you.
What You Will Do
- Field inbound phone calls and web forms from prospective merchants in retail boutiques, bars, restaurants, etc.
- Conduct live, web-based software demonstrations for qualified SMB owners, and recommend solutions for their business
- Prepare customized quotes for merchants and collect payment accordingly
- Identify opportunities to upsell current merchants on new and exciting ShopKeep add-on services
- Track phone calls, emails, and client engagement using Salesforce
- Prioritize and maintain your sales pipeline through the merchant lifecycle, from prospect to customer
- Become a ShopKeep expert in order to consult your merchants on what solution is best for their business
- Provide constructive feedback to key business stakeholders, helping us continue to innovate our process and product
What You Need
- 2+ years of phone sales experience
- Passion for helping to equip small business owners with the tools they need to thrive in the modern marketplace
- Drive to succeed on a high level and crush goals month over month
- A positive, can-do attitude; you come into work ready to exceed expectations and conquer the day
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve. You are not satisfied with 100% and are always looking for ways to meet the next challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
We provide the essentials...
...and the fun-damentals:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Commuter Benefits
- 401k Matching
- Catered Meals
- Happy Hours
- Beer Fridge
- Stocked Snack Shelf
- Massage Therapy
- In-Office Bike Parking
ShopKeep is an equal opportunity employer.