Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC seeks an Associate Manager, finance to report to the Director and responsible for general reporting for the domestic home entertainment accounting department. Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly management schedules, month end close journal entries, preparation of Joint Venture (JV) financial statements and associated cash payments, as well as other ad hoc requests. Responsible for the monthly preparation of Joint Venture (JV) financial statements for Canadian operations. Participate in month end close process, preparing and reviewing actual results and preparing adjusting entries as necessary. Assist in reviewing cash receipts and determining cash payments for the JV, and field questions from Canadian JV partners and follow up as necessary. Interface closely with IT with respect to system data validation and the operation of present and future accounting and financial systems. Field and execute ad hoc reporting and analytical requests from executive management.
Master’s degree in Accounting or related field, plus two (2) years of experience in financial accounting and reporting, and financial analysis, including experience in inventory management and control, reconciliations, cost allocation and control, and financial statements; processing journal entries, their impact on financial statements and alternative treatment in line with GAAP; and dealing with diverse stakeholders in responding to queries, maintaining schedules, managing payments and monitoring cash flows.
*Specific skills: Also requires experience or knowledge in the following:
- General ledger functions, month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, financial analysis and financial reporting to management and third parties
- Working with multiple IT systems, including financial, management information, ERP, and reporting
- Knowledge of data validation techniques, troubleshooting, workarounds and liaising with IT to develop new reports and financial tools as new business needs arise
- Knowledge of royalty payment processes, oversight, review of legal contracts and agreements with knowledge of technical terminology and relevant financial impact
- Working with Excel in handling large volumes of data, data extraction and validation, pivot tables, IF and conditional statements and VLookups
*Any level of experience or knowledge in the specific skills is acceptable.
Must have an active CPA license in the State of California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.