** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT YWCA WEBSITE**
Directs human resources, safety and training operations and staff. Ensures compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements. Mediates or recommends resolution to personnel related issues. Reports to the CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Directs and leads human resources operations and staff, including recruitment and hiring, background investigations, benefits, training, employee relations and recognition, salary administration, compliance and employee record maintenance.
- Directs safety and training operations and staff to include general safety, employee and guest accidents, drug testing, safety inspections, safety-related training, and occupational injury plan administration with a goal to contain costs and ensure a safe work environment at all locations.
- Actively hires, counsels, trains, directs, evaluates, and terminates employees in coordination with supervisors.
- Guides management on personnel related matters and acts as liaison between management and employees; conducts or coordinates investigations into employee relations incidents, recommending and mediating resolutions as appropriate.
- Reviews employee disciplinary and/or termination actions; provides guidance to management to ensure consistent employee treatment and compliance with relevant state and federal laws. Maintains impartiality and confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinates, develops and/or conducts training and development programs in response to the needs of the organization to ensure maximum productivity, profitability, and professional growth. Coordinates periodic Management training meetings.
- Prepares and monitors budget and reviews billings and expenditures. Reviews and reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly and recommends necessary corrective action.
- Prepares and/or submits monthly reports to the Chief Executive Officer, and also prepares other management reports on a quarterly basis as required or as requested, including reports to Board, legislative and management updates, department activity, etc.
- Prepares or provides input into division strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages ongoing manpower planning system to include review of organizational design; management inventory; succession planning; individual career development plans with a goal of ensuring leadership availability at all critical positions and levels of the organization; and salary and wage studies and recommendations.
- Oversees benefits and personnel information.
- Conducts ongoing needs analyses to identify any skills, abilities or knowledge deficiencies, which limit productivity and/or profitability within the organization’s human resources.
- Develops, reviews, revises, obtains approvals and maintains policies and procedures for assigned areas of responsibility; enforces human resources policies and regulations, standards of conduct, work attendance and safety health practices
- Ensures preparation of annual Affirmative Action Plan, as well as management training as to results of documented plan and goals related to plan.
- Prepares annual EEO-1 report to federal government.
- Processes and responds to EEOC charges in a timely manner, represents YWCA in unemployment hearings and appeals, coordinates Review Committee process and hearings, and coordinates all actions, responses, and recommended resolutions with designated agency attorney’s approval as appropriate. Coordinates as needed with agency or outside appointed attorneys.
- Manages the job description evaluation process with applicable supervisors. Prepares and distributes job descriptions.
- Works closely with insurance broker representatives to negotiate benefits plans for employees with the goal of containing costs and providing most optimal benefits possible. Oversees implementation and maintenance of current employee benefit plans.
- Oversees or conducts periodic employee surveys, compiles and evaluates results, communicates to management, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Conducts every 2 years internal and external wage market surveys, makes recommendations for salary ranges and employee starting rates, and prepares updated Salary Grade Structure. Reviews and approves individual salary rate requests outside the typical starting rates.
- Prepares, obtains approval for, and maintains approved list of salary increases, if any, each fiscal year, ensuring that both performance evaluations are received and recorded and that wage increases are processed on a timely basis.
- Serves as liaison with advisory Human Resources Committee as appropriate, ensuring that meetings are held in accordance with other divisional accreditation, contractor, or grantor requirements.
- Continually evaluates technical effectiveness of division’s operations, including human resources software applications, occupational injury software, and training software, making recommendations for changes or enhancements as needed. Serves on committees in evaluating software changes and implementations related to human resources.
- Manages or oversees safety and training departments
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business Management preferred with PHR or SPHR (or SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP) Certification strongly recommended.
Five Years or more human resources or related experience desired, ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within the fields of human resources and organizational development.
- Must be very familiar with and have working knowledge of regulations pertaining to human resources including but not limited to IRCA, ADA, FMLA, Civil Rights Acts, FLSA, EPA, ADEA, ERISA and OSHA.
- Must have considerable knowledge of human resource planning and development, human behavioral theories, communication in the workplace, organizational development and organizational change, methods of research and human resource assessment, statistical methods, budgeting, recruitment, compensation, benefits administration, safety and workers’ injuries, and employee relations
- Must have experience in developing and conducting training and development programs, in conducting training needs assessment, evaluating training programs, and securing consultants for specialized training as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels and be able to get along with diverse personalities.
- High degree of confidentiality and ethics needed.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented, well-organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports
- Must be able to prepare strategic and necessary reports as directed by CEO.
- Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must have working knowledge of operation of personal computer and MS Office software, as well as experience with human resources-related software applications.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19