Northrop Grumman Technology Services, Advanced Defense Solutions Division, is seeking an Intern for the Summer of 2019. This role will be located in Herndon, VA.
The intern will perform a variety of duties in the field of software development with direct ties to Cyber Security and may participate in other IT related projects as assigned.This individual will also work with leadership to develop and deliver presentations and perform other support duties as assigned.
Software development tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with team members, stakeholders and management to gather and validate requirements
- Developing user stories or scenarios to reflect practical application against the requirements
- Developing wire frames or other system / application representations as part of the solution design process
- Generating source code to support enhancements or new capabilities for the product / project
- Collaborating with team members, stakeholders and management to demonstrate new capabilities and validate performance against requirements
- Addressing issues, concerns or suggestions raised by stakeholders
At the end of summer a Capstone presentation will be prepared and given to senior management by the intern or team of interns as applicable
Must be enrolled or have completed a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university
Cumulative GPA of 3.25
Hands-on development experience (classroom or job-related)
Familiarity with developing in Java, .NET, HTML, and/or SharePoint
Familiarity with developing & executing SQL queries (MS SQLServer / Oracle)
Active Secret Security Clearance
Cumulative GPA 3.70
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.