Car & Driver Magazine needs an automotive Videographer/Editor to create high quality automotive video for our brand. This is a pivotal role as our success is rooted in our ability to connect with the everyday car owner/buyer, through compelling video content that appears across several websites and YouTube channels. We strongly welcome talents who possess a deep enthusiasm for automotive industry, video and content experiences. Those with additional experience in animation/ motion and typography are especially encouraged to apply.
- Shoot and edit high quality car review videos for Car & Driver to provide readers information and tools to make smarter decisions when buying a car.
- Research and develop clear, concise script, and informative reviews on Car & Driver's top searched review pages
- Source footage from automotive press kits
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for all things motorsport, and good technical knowledge
- Experience with journalism. Past working experience of interviewing tech insiders and building up connections within the industry can be a strong plus to the position.
- Experience with common motion design tools Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience shooting, performing color correcting, audio mixing (with music, Host audio, natural sound) and creating graphics (lower thirds) and animations for videos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills along with keen attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing deadlines and are self-directing without compromising the quality of your output
- Have 2+ years of digital writing and editing experience for the automotive or technology sector or you have a strong interest in automotive industry and being a journalist
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year