Monitoring Suite Coordinator(Job Number: 03058-5330)
Work Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville-Sarah Cannon Atrium
Job Type: Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
is the research arm of HCA’s global cancer enterprise. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world’s leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where staff members are the core of advancing therapies for patients and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsible for the daily operation of the Monitoring Suite which includes physical and information security. This colleague engages with study monitors to schedule visits, maintains sign in and out records of the suite, and coordinates the daily setup, security, and close of the suite. This role also includes providing Monitoring Suite support and issue resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes positive relationship management in each touchpoint and interaction with study monitors
- Corresponds with study monitors and Early and Late Phase Data Operations teams to schedule monitor visits
- Keeps daily time records of study monitors in and out of the suite for audit purposes
- Manages the email correspondence related to Monitoring Suite scheduling, questions, etc.
- Creates bi-weekly monitor assignments and distributes to appropriate personnel
- Prepares the Monitoring Suite in advance of monitor arrival and closes the suite daily according to work instruction
- Greets and welcomes monitors and establishes self as a capable contact for assistance
- Manages all system passwords for studies as well as securities for passwords
- Facilitates all-day systems access support for resetting monitors’ passwords and unlocking accounts
- Collaborates with Tennessee Oncology IT and/or Sarah Cannon IT to diagnose and resolve issues
- Manages requests for studies to be added into the EMR based on the site initiation visits being completed, daily pharmacy logs, and/or requests from the Clinical Trials Specialists/Clinical Trials Managers or Data Coordinators
- Assigns, collects, and manages temporary badges to study monitors for access control to the Monitoring Suite
- Assigns and collects temporary badges for Sarah Cannon vendors needing service access to suites
- Manages all Monitoring Suite cubicle keys
- Provides information security in efforts to ensure that no patient information leaves the Suite in the form of copies, photographs, etc.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems
- Knowledge of office management practices
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type from draft copy
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in computer applications, especially Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment is essential
- Ability to establish rapport with monitors
- Ability to be resourceful and resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively with staff, and other external monitors and agencies
Associate's Degree required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- At least one year of administrative experience.
- At least one year of experience working in a healthcare organization preferred.