Division: Retail Banking
Reports to: FVP, Regional Branch Manager
Duel Location: 195 East Main Rd, Middletown, RI
Directs branch operations and generates sales of Bank products and services while ensuring consistently excellent customer experiences both individually and as the team leader of the entire branch(es). The Senior Branch Officer role is recognized as managing more substantial and complex deposit bases, often leading larger teams, and may manage more than one office. Serves as a peer leader within the banking region and will serve as Regional Champion for key bank initiatives such as off-site banking, deposit gathering, lending and operations. May also serve as back-up to the FVP, Regional Branch Manager.
- Manages branch sales and operations; e.g., stays abreast of new products/services/promotions. Educates and trains staff, maintains awareness of Federal/state banking regulations. Promotes process improvement and expense control initiatives. Ensures proper appearance of branch, maintenance of equipment, appropriate inventory/supply levels. Ensures branch/staff conformity to branch security system and adherence to proper cash and balancing controls. 20%
- Develops business; e.g., educates customers on products/services and advises appropriately based on needs, capitalizes on cross-selling opportunities. Promotes business development by contacting existing or potential customers to solicit business and promote products/services, pairing up with other bank partners as applicable. Provides leadership and coaching to all team members in order to achieve quarterly branch goals via team meetings, in-branch campaigns and referrals. Refers business to other departments through the Company’s Salesforce referral system. Represents the Bank in appropriate community organizations and serves on boards of community significance. Attends Chamber and outside events as a Bank representative for networking opportunity. Is an active and supportive member of all internal committees, programs and initiatives. 45%
- Performs supervisory duties; e.g., coaching, people development, performance management, salary adjustments, transfers, resolves personnel problems, advises and counsels subordinates, delegates workload, conducts team meetings. Ensures staff is highly skilled, cross-trained as needed, and motivated to meet branch goals and objectives. Works to onboard and mentor more junior Branch Officers 20%
- Lives Berkshire Bank’s Be FIRST values and is a champion of corporate social responsibility. Utilizes customer service skills to determine and meet customer needs and performs more complex or unusual customer operations. Responds to routine legal issues; e.g., Powers of Attorney, estates, trusts. Ensures safe deposit box operation (as applicable) conforms to bank’s procedures. 5%
- Serves as part of loan origination process; e.g., answers customer inquiries, collects information, processes loan applications (i.e. Consumer, Mortgages (by referral), Home Equity, & Small Business Loans), performs loan closings where applicable. 10 %
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties
Available to work Saturday hours as required.
Must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry for purposes of SAFE Act.
Branch Officer level is designated based on a combination of many factors, as well as individual branch needs and individual manager performance and capabilities.
Quantitative Factors: Evaluated Factors:
- Manage Deposit bases of $75MM or greater and/or has history of high Denovo/Business development growth
- Long term demonstrated success in sales results and leadership
- Serves as a peer mentor or peer leader
- Strong and demonstrated ability to self-manage and make independent decisions
- Successfully leads projects or initiatives for a Bank region or at an Enterprise level
- High degree of Business partner engagement and demonstrated leadership
- Community leader, including high value board memberships and participation
- May lead more than one office, such as a “dual” office assignment
Deposit Size Scorecard performance
Branch Efficiency Customer Survey Results
Staff Size Branch Audit Results
Transaction Volume and Complexity Employee Growth/Turnover
Customer/Business Development Overall Branch Performance
Staff Development & Performance Management Manager’s Overall Performance
- Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years or more experience in branch banking
- Prior Branch Leadership Experience
- Supervisory experience
Skills & Knowledge:
Customer service/sales skills
Problem solving ability
Strong communication skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Technically proficient in operations & procedures
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.