Job Title: Unarmed Security Guard
Reports To: Site Specific
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Security Guard will assist Property Management with ensuring the safety and security of resident and authorized visitors.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Requires extensive interior/exterior patrols to assigned areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Prefer (1) year of experience as a security guard and show evidence of successful prior security, military, or law enforcement experience.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills are critical for this position.
- Excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a state issued Unarmed Certification
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
1. Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time. Up to 75% of the time
2. Performing walking patrols. Patrols may include walking on stairs, ramps, streets, sidewalks, carpet, uphill, downhill, indoors & outdoors. Patrols may include some pushing/pulling doors, equipment, other items weighing up to 25lbs. Up to 75% of the time
3. Exposure to weather elements as needed
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $16.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- security guard: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- MD Guard card (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Weekends required
- Overnight shift