Ready to take the next step in your career? Please forward a letter of introduction and resume to [email protected].
Marvel and Associates, LLC is an established international forensic accounting firm seeking a CPA or CPA candidate with 1 to 2 years of auditing experience with a national or regional CPA firm.
We provide insurance claims evaluation, litigation support, accounting investigation and due diligence services involving commercial insurance claims and complex business matters. Our clients include insurance companies, attorneys, independent adjusters and private industry.
As a Forensic Accounting Associate with our firm, you will use your accounting knowledge and auditing skills in the evaluation and investigation of damages claims, contract disputes and insurance claims. This position requires an understanding of accounting principles gained through attainment of a 4-year Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of auditing experience with a national or regional CPA firm. You must have a desire to excel in the professional services industry, have a strong interest in learning – particularly about domestic and international insurance markets, be technology savvy with strong Excel skills, enjoy challenges and be resourceful. Also, foreign language skills are a plus.
As a member of our team, you will be called on to put in the hours required to meet deadlines and to travel, including internationally. Travel is on an as-needed basis and is solely dependent on the volume and individual needs of each engagement. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from highly experienced and credentialed professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, motivated individual who enjoys diverse projects, challenging work and is people oriented.
To qualify, you must:
– Possess a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
– Have 1-2 years of auditing experience with a national CPA firm
– Ideally have client service experience in Insurance, Litigation Support and Business Valuation practice areas
– Possess the CPA designation or be a candidate to sit for the exam
– Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Have strong technology skills, most notably in Excel
– Maintain a professional, polished appearance and demeanor
– Be ambitious, enthusiastic and pro-active in your career
The salary for this position is competitive and is bonus eligible. It also includes benefits such as health insurance and 401k with employer matching.