THE ARK at JFK
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 78A N Boundary Rd, New York, NY 11430
The equine handler will be responsible for handling, feeding, grooming, and providing adequate care for horses. Furthermore, will be responsible for the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the facility as per by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations.
Full time /Part-time and On Call as needed Positions Available
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective high-level delivery of daily animal care.
- Experience with equine behavior.
- Stall preparation and related cleaning and disinfecting of each stall, all equipment and surrounding areas for horses in the ARK.
- Adherence to bio-safety protocols and quarantine procedures required by the USDA and ARK
Standard Operating Procedures and work processes.
- Assist with documentation requirements, and data entry.
- Minimum basic training will be provided to qualified candidates.
Skills and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years previous equine handling experience
- Good oral communication skills’
- Willingness/ability to work nonstandard hours.
- Should be able to lift loads of a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Must meet Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Port Authority, and Customs and
Border Protection (CBP) requirements which includes a background check and fingerprinting
- Required to sign confidentiality agreement for privacy and biosecurity measures at The ARK at
Resumes and Cover Letters may be sent to Vincent DiCicco, DVM Chief Veterinary and Biosecurity Compliance Officer
The ARK at JFK, is a comprehensive multi-purpose animal handling and air cargo facility at New York's
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Approved by the Board of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the ARK at JFK is the world’s only animal terminal and it is the first USDA-approved, full- service 24-hour privately owned airport facility for the import and export of horses, pets, birds, exotic animals, and livestock.
ARK Management Services LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time