Administrative Analyst/ Specialist - Exempt I
Date Posted:August 21, 2019 Closing Date:
September 4, 2019
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
Administrative Analyst/ Specialist - Exempt I
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to two departments within the division of Administration & Business Affairs, Financial Services (FS), and Auditing and Consulting Services (ACS). The incumbent is responsible for the two department’s annual budgets, in preparation, maintenance and developing quarterly projections; the incumbent acts as the departments’ communications specialist in designing, writing, editing and disseminating pertinent internal communications on behalf of the AVP and Director as well as campus communications related to the departments. The incumbent will also serve as the department’s administrative support person, responsible for coordinating logistics, meeting spaces, procurement, calendaring and travel.
Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$3,897- $7,051 monthly
$3,897- $7,051 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; other hours may be required.
Financial Services Department in the Division of Administration & Business Affairs
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree OR a combination of education and experience which addresses the required knowledge and abilities.
2. Progressively responsible experience, including duties such as preparation, justification and analysis or the control and administration of a budget or budgetary program.
3. Experience using a range of organizational and time management skills to coordinate and prioritize a diverse, complex workload and to meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment with high attention to detail.
4. Experience acting as a communications specialist, writing, editing and disseminating information using multiple methods to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
5. Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
6. Proficiency with complex enterprise systems and software, such as CSU financial system(s); experience and proficiency in the use of common office equipment (e.g., copier, fax, calculator and printers); proficiency in a Windows Operating System environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar and e-mail, Access).
7. Knowledge of organizational structures and systems, and ability to understand, communicate and explain the application of complex policies and procedures related to finance, budget, accounting and administrative processes within these structures and systems.
8. Ability to analyze, interpret, integrate, compile, apply, present and project financial data, to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures and to produce and present complex reports.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative, tactful, effective and harmonious working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, University employees, and the public.
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
11. Experience in scheduling and prioritizing of calendars, planning and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel itineraries and facilities.
12. Ability to effectively gather and organize information; proficiency in editing and writing; Basic design and desktop publishing skills and proficiency in the use of graphics software, such as Visio, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Condition of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
13. Experience within the California State University system or other higher education institution.
14. Experience working within CSU Common Financial System, CSU Campus Solutions, and CSU Human Resources.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and maintenance of a good driving record.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * What is the highest level of education attained? •GED
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
2. * How many years of training and/or similar administrative work experience do you have? •none
- Less than 2 years
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
Documents Needed To Apply
Required Documents 1.Resume/Curriculum Vitae