THIS IS AN IN OFFICE POSITION IN LOWER MANHATTAN WITH NO REMOTE WORK OPTION.
Syntactx is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) involved in the management of clinical trials for medical device and pharmaceutical companies. Syntactx's work includes a growing medical writing practice that consists of development of manuscripts, literature reviews, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports (CSRs), and clinical evaluation reports (CERs), amongst other documents.
Syntactx is currently seeking a full time Medical Writer to author scientific manuscripts for publication, as well as literature reviews, abstracts, and presentations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct formal literature reviews as standalone documents or in aid of regulatory submissions.
· Assist physicians in the creation of presentations for yearly conferences and symposiums.
· A minimum 2 years experience as a medical writer is required (experience in regulatory writing will be considered).
· Certification as a medical writer with the American Medical Writing Association (AMWA) is preferred.
· Prior publication experience preferred.
· Previous writing experience in the specialty of vascular surgery or cardiology a bonus.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required (ideally in a communications or scientific discipline)
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent writing and editing abilities
· Ability to work with large datasets is a key component of this role: attention to detail is a critical requirement
· Ability to work independently following a brief period of specific job-related training required
· Ability to communicate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects
· Knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Work may involve long periods of sitting and computer time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time