Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES TISSUE GROUP
The Tissue Group, a division of Cascades, is the second-largest tissue producer in Canada and the fifth-largest in North America. The Division manufactures, converts and markets a huge selection of paper products, such as hand towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, wipers and dispensers for the North American away-from-home and consumer products markets. The Group has more than 2,200 employees and operates seven manufacturing plants, nine conversion plants and four plants with both manufacturing and conversion facilities.
As an Entry Level Production Supervisor for the Pittston, PA plant you will have a diverse work load in support of the manufacturing needs of the Converting department. The successful candidate will partner with other Production Supervisors in converting to determine the best methods to do what we do best, communicate with our production population on challenges they may have regarding their daily tasks and collaborating with Engineers, Maintenance Supervisors, Logistics department and Human Resources to ensure synergy across the mill.
Business Objectives Alignment
Help develop and roll out an operational strategy in line with his sector’s business strategy
Effectively manage human and material resources to ensure sound financial performance and the achievement of manufacturing efficiency targets
Maximize production efficiency and optimize the resources under his responsibility
Maximize synergy and foster collaboration among Cascades’ groups, units and business units
Maximize the return on assets under his responsibility
Make sure operational efficiency targets are met
Ensure compliance with standardized manufacturing practices and procedures to deliver on the sector’s objectives
Support the sector’s continuous improvement initiatives
Build a team of competent and dedicated people whose skills complement one another
Ensure that the work flow and job structure are tailored to his sector’s needs
Manage and engage his staff based on Cascades’ values and business strategy
Implement the talent development and succession strategy in his sector in collaboration with Human Resources
Health & Safety
Accept the full responsibility that comes with his position in line with Cascades’ OSH requirements
Help set OSH priorities for his sector in line with corporate objectives and follow up on them
Insist on and create a safe and healthy work environment for all employees in his sector
Promote sound occupational health and safety management
Personally commit to and display strong leadership in health and safety
Corporate Responsibility and Governance
Make sure governance rules are followed and responsibilities are carried out
Ensure the sustainable and responsible development of his sector
Insist on ethical conduct and uphold the values underlying Cascades’ corporate culture
Client Focused and Innovation
Help his unit achieve its innovation objectives
Participate in technical support for clients
- Supervise and coordinate production activities by leading and motivating the production population in a progressive production environment.
- Lead safety efforts for employees by identifying high-risk situations, conducting safety meetings and coordinating worker safety activites.
- Optimize efficiencies and drive efforts to reduce waste and downtime, and increase production availability.
- Coordinate training efforts for a diverse workforce and have a working knowledge of best practices for training and development.
- Prioritize quality by following and/or updating current practices to create as little waste or non-compliant product as possible.
- Develop employees by conducting performance reviews, creating performance objectives, and tracking performance progress.
- Drive change initiative and implement process improvements as part of a mulit-functional team.
- Action-based focus- Ability to focus on the essential so as to efficiently produce or exceed the expected results.
- Autonomy- Ability to assume own responsibilities and to work with minimal supervision. Encompasses the ability to use own leeway with judgment and rigor in order to achieve objectives.
- Coaching- Ability to guide and supervise employees in their development and to help them fully assume their responsibilities
- Flexibility and Ability to Adapt- Ability to react favorably and proactively to changes, new information as well as the development of situations, contexts or people with whom he works.
- Managerial Courage- Ability to face adversity, take risks, step out of his comfort zone while making decisions that are sometimes unpopular and essential to the sound operation of the organization
- Planning and Organizing- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize activities in order to meet organizational objectives while making sure resources are used optimally.
- Rigour- Ability to ensure the accuracy and monitor the quality of work and processes when honouring his commitments. Includes the ability to perform his tasks conscientiously to reach his objectives as well as those of his organization.
- Teamwork- Ability to collaborate with others and to be a member of a team, while being respectful of other team members in order to achieve the organization's objectives.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Nearest Major Market:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ Years Experience in Manufacturing Setting Desired
- Microsoft Office, SAP and AS400
- Strong desire for career growth and openness to taking on additional responsibilities
- Open to relocation
- Excellent time management skills
- Some travel is required
- Experience in unionized workplace beneficial
Nearest Secondary Market:
Manager, Industrial, ERP, Mid-Range, Management, Entry Level, Manufacturing, Technology