The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepare weekly and monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SAGE accounting software and Paylocity HRIS software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field from an accredited university or college required.
- CPA license required
- At least three years of related experience required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with 10 hours of work expected each week. Hours and days may vary.
No travel is expected.
Dealer’s Greatest Assets provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to the job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- This is a part-time position, are you willing to work up to 10 hours per week?
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply